Tuesday, March 7, 2017

all items safely retrieved from behind the entertainment center.

So I've decided to use all my odds and ends yarn to make a hexagon quilt. Crocheting is my one "old lady" skill. I love it. Sometimes I can't get much done with a very energetic 20 month old running around. But I sneak it in. So this is pretty easy to make:

Ch chain
Dc  double crochet
Slst  slip stitch
St stitch

Use a size H crochet hook. For this blanket I'm using medium yarn 4.

Start with a magic ring, single crochet to secure the ring, then ch 2
Double crochet once then ch 2. Dc twice then ch 2  do this a total of 6 times  slst to top of first dc.
Ch 3 dc in next st *dc,ch 2,dc in gap then dc in next 2 st* repeat til you meet back up at ch 3. Slst in first double crochet.
Ch 3 dc in next 2 dc *dc,ch 2,dc in gap then dc in next 4 st* repeat to last gap then dc in last st . Slst in first double crochet.
Ch 3 dc in next 3 dc * dc, ch 2,dc in gap then dc in next 6 st* repeat to last gap then dc in last 2 st. Slst in first double crochet.
Ch 3 dc in next 4 st. * dc, ch 2,dc in gap then double crochet in next 8 st* repeat to last gap then dc in last 3 st. Slst in first double crochet.
You've now made a hexagon.

This is the point I'm at  just making hexagons . I'm gonna make about 40 of them and then attach them . When I get to that point I'll post those instructions and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment